One of the most common things we here at ISP Computers Ltd is "Can you save my information?" According to Seagate Data Recovery on average 90% of computer users feel their digital content is valuable, yet only 10% back-up daily. Today's hard drives store 500 times the data stored on the drives of a decade ago. This raised volume of stored data increases the impact of its loss, making it even more important.
Cold Hard Facts:
- The failure rate of disk drives is 100% - ALL DRIVES WILL EVENTUALLY FAIL.
- Only 34% of companies test their tape backups, and of those who do, 77% have found failures.
- 60% of companies that lose their data will go out of business within 6 months of the disaster.
- Over ½ of critical corporate data resides on unprotected PC desktops and laptops.
- Key causes for data loss are:
- Hardware or system malfunction
- Acccidents such as deleting files
- Software corruption
- Computer viruses
- Laptop or other devices are stolen
- More than 22% said backing up their PCs was on their to-do list, but they seldom do it.
- 30% of companies report that they still do not have a disaster recovery program in place, and 2 out of 3 feel their data backup and disaster recovery plans have significant vulnerabilities.
- 1 in 25 notebooks are stolen, broken or destroyed each year.
There are a multitude of devices available to making it easy to back up your information such as NAS (Network Attached Storage) box, external hard drives, flash drives or memory sticks and even DVD’s. And now with the introduction of free cloud software, backing up your family pictures, your music library or your business files is even easier. We offer all these solutions at ISP Computers Ltd. Come in to discuss how we can protect your valuable data.